Polish-American Freedom Foundation
Founder of the Program
Education for Democracy Foundation
Program Administrator – since August 2013
announce an open competition for candidates from
Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Moldova, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan,
Kazakhstan and Kyrgyz Republic
THE LANE KIRKLAND SCHOLARSHIPS in the 2014-15 academic year
The Program is addressed to young leaders with higher education who are interested in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and in the region.
The Program is realized in the form of a two-semester project course with Polish universities and 2-4-week professional internships with public or private institutions.
- Economics and management
- Administration / management (business, NGO, culture, environmental protection, health care)
- Public administration (government and local government)
- Social science (social psychology, sociology)
- Political science and international relations
- Development policy
In the 2014/2015 academic year the Kirkland Program is addressed to the following persons:
- experts, politicians, employees at government and local government institutions
- entrepreneurs and managers
- leaders of non-governmental organizations, cultural organizers and promoters of active citizenship
- academic teachers
- Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of permanent residence card in Poland are ineligible)
- Master’s degree
- Up to 35 years of age (in special cases up to 40)
- Polish language proficiency adequate to effectively attend lectures and seminars as well as to prepare a diploma project or, alternatively, English in case of those candidates who select a specific study program with English as the language of instruction (in such cases, only basic Polish is required)
- Professional experience of at least 2 years
Our Program’s philosophy is based on the mutual respect, regardless of the country of origin.
- Candidates actively working in their professional and social fields
- Candidates who have significant achievements
- Candidates who have not studied in Poland before
1. Application form on-line
a) detailed personal questionnaire
b) proposed program of study in Poland explaining
the purpose of participation in the Kirkland Program and including the future plans connected with its completion (not exceeding 4,000-6,000 characters with spaces)
2. Two letters of reference (in Polish, English or Russian), describing the achievements and qualifications of the candidate as well as the expectations connected with the candidate’s further development and work in her/his professional or social field – to be submitted
3. Copy of Master’s degree diploma (or PhD diploma) – to be submitted by e-mail
Approximately 45 best applicants will be selected in a 3-stage evaluation process of candidates:
Stage 1 – formal assessment of applications
Stage 2 – substantive assessment of applications
Stage 3 – interviews (April 1 – April 30, 2014).
The candidates who have qualified by passing all 3 stages are informed via e-mail at the end of March. The information of the final results will be sent via e-mail in June 2014.
The application form is available at: http://kirkland.edu.pl
Application forms should be filled out on-line.
After the on-line application is completed, the system will generate a confirmation document that needs to be printed. The signed document should then be sent to the Program Office by regular mail with the candidate’s current photograph attached thereto.
The letters of satisfaction and copies of diploma should be scanned and sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for submitting applications for the Kirkland Scholarship Program is:
March 1, 2014
The applications received after the above-mentioned date shall not be examined.
Scholarship: approx. PLN 1,800 per month. Additionally, the following costs are covered: educational fees, accommodation in Poland, insurance, travel to and from Poland, visa fees, purchase of educational materials and equipment. The computers rented by students during the scholarship program may become their property, free of charge, after the scholarship requirements have been fully satisfied.
Azerbaycan dilinde metn: http://www.kirkland.edu.pl/images/Ogloszenie_pdfy/KIRKLAND_PROGRAM_-_info_AZ.pdf